Monday, November 30, 2009

The Blackberry Farm Cookbook

Author: Sam Beall

Hardcover: 300 pages
Publisher: Clarkson Potter (October 20, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0307407713





Book Description:

This is a gorgeous cookbook. Chef Beall (son of the founder of the restaurant-chain Ruby Tuesday) takes readers to the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee to his family's Blackberry Inn. Through color photos, stories, and over 100 recipes, the spirit of this special place and the people involved is conveyed through its beautiful pages.

My Review:

What a big, beautiful, magnificent collector's cookbook! I could easily say this is one of the most gorgeous in my large collection. It is filled with full-page color photos of one of my favorite places on earth, East Tennessee. Reading it makes me feel like I've been on a trip back home. The recipes are also indicative of that region of the country. These recipes are included: Blackberry Cobbler; Autumn Lamb Roast; Skillet Apple Crisp; Bourbon Apple Fried Pies; Sweet Potato Pie; Deep Fried Turkey; Cider-Basted Venison; and much more. If you want to give a beautiful gift for the holidays, this is it. I love my copy!









(Thank you to the author for my review copy.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a book I would like to read and have. I will try to track it down.

    ReplyDelete